From Learning for Life to Lockerbie College
Before Lockerbie College, we were ‘Learning for Life’, opening our doors for the first time in 2005 as an after school learning support centre where the goal was to expand the minds of students beyond an academic curriculum and to set each student on their personal journey while providing a supportive environment in which each student could fulfil his or her potential in accessing the curriculum. This goal remains today and as we have grown over the years we have expanded our wonderful after school classes programme, teaching through the levels from 11+ right up to A Levels.
Don’t just take our word for it. Here is a testimonial from a happy mum whose son achieved wonderful results in his CSEC Examinations, which she attributes to Lockerbie’s after school classes here.
After School Classes at Lockerbie are Different!
- Access to our online course managment system includes notes, media clips, images, detailed explanations, mind maps, flow charts, and learning keys which are powerful learning and study tools
- We help build strong study skills and strategies
- Our tutors understand how their students learn best and differentiate their presentation, customizing each student’s approach so that there is clarity, collaboration, critical thinking and fun!
- Email access to tutors after-hours
- Access to labs makes a great deal of difference in an after school lesson as almost all students are kinesthetic learners and repeating a lab with targeting what was not understood initially is the secret to clearing up poor understanding
- Small class sizes! Studies prove that student achievement is clearly linked to class size and when a student must enroll in as lessons the main objective must be that the student receives concentrated, individual attention.
List of After School Classes Available
|Form 1 English Language||Tuesday||2:30-3:30 p.m.|
|11+ Mathematics||Tuesday||4:00-5:00 p.m.|
|Form 2 Mathematics||Tuesday||3:00-4:00 p.m.|
|Form 4 English Language||Wednesday||3:15-4:15 p.m.|
|11+ English Language||Thursday||3:30-4:30p.m.|
|CSEC Mathematics||Tuesday||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
|Form 3 Mathematics||Tuesday||4:00-5:00 p.m.|
|Form 4 Mathematics||Thursday||3:30-4:30 p.m.|
|Form 4 Mathematics||Tuesday||3:00-4:00 p.m.|
|Form 2 English Language||Tuesday||4:00-5:00 p.m.|
|J3 English Language||Thursday||3:00-4:00 p.m.|
|CSEC English Language||Wednesday||3:30-5:00 p.m.|
|CSEC English Literature (Form 4)||Monday||3:00-4:00 p.m.|
|CSEC Social Studies||Thursday||3:00-4:00 p.m.|
|CSEC Geography||Monday||3:15-4:15 p.m.|
|CSEC Biology||Wednesday||3:30-4:30 p.m.|
|CSEC Chemistry||Thursday||3:30-4:30 p.m.|
|CAPE Unit 1 Chemistry||Monday||3:30-4:30 p.m.|
|Form 4 Physics||Monday||2:30-3:30 p.m.|
|CSEC Information Technology||Thursday||3:30-4:30 p.m.|